Saturday, February 9, 2008

My first post!

Even though I started losing weight back on November 4th, I still wanted to start this. Mostly as a way to just talk about what I'm doing to lose weight, whether or not anyone is reading it. I'm doing Weight Watchers points and it really works, and I still get to eat every kind of food! I know it sounds like a commercial, but it's true! I'm going to the Dominican in 11 weeks and this trip was what really got me motivated to really try and lose weight - so I'll look good in my bathing suit! haha! I've always wanted to lose the bit of extra weight I have though, but the trip is a good motivator. So far I've lost 11.5 pounds and I'm looking to lose about 8-10 more before the trip. About a pound per week, and I know I can do it!

I'm starting a gym routine - Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and Saturdays if I can. I'm doing this for a few reasons. One, I want to be in good shape, and have some tone. Two, after losing 11.5 pounds and not being overweight to begin with, my weight loss has been getting much harder and I think I need the exercise to supplement the points system. And three, I need to keep up my fitness for my job.

Yesterday I went out grocery shopping with a friend and ended up buying some of my own stuff, but stuff that was all points-wise. I bought nothing over 2 points. The most exciting thing was the Weight Watchers bagels! The bread is easy to find but this is the first time I've seen the bagels. Since I only get 21 points a day, and bagels are 6 points without the toppings, I haven't really had many since I started, and I love bagels. But these are two points! Here's what I bought, along with their points values:

-4 bags of Weight Watchers bagels (2)
-Package of Weight Watchers wraps (1)
-Strawberries (1 per 1&1/2 cups)
-A big container of vanilla yogurt (1 per 1/2 cup)
-Philly Roasted Red Pepper cream cheese (1 per tbsp - this stuff is AWESOME)
-Philly Strawberry cream cheese (1 per tbsp)
-2 of those Campbell soup on the go things (1)
-Spritzer salad dressing (0!!!)
-Quaker Apples and Cinnamon and Mixed Berries oatmeal (2 per package)
-Mini bags of popcorn (1)
-Ice cream sandwiches (2)
-2 cases (24 cans) of diet lemon iced tea ($1.99 each!) (0!!!)

Not bad, not bad! I came home and put it away, making sure to mark everything that wasn't labelled with Weight Watchers (and the cream cheese) with a note saying that it was for me and my mom ONLY (she's doing Weight Watchers too). My brother and my dad know not to eat anything with a Weight Watchers logo, but otherwise its fair game to them if I don't mark it.

Well, I think that's enough for a first entry! Bye!

No comments: