Saturday, April 12, 2008

It's just not worth it anymore...

Nope, this isn't so post about me being discouraged about my weight or anything. I mean to say that all those unhealthy things I loved don't matter so much anymore. After you consider the alternative which tastes just as great, you realize that that sundae, hamburger, bag of chips, chocolate bar, etc., is just not worth the points. You could have an Egg McMuffin from McDonald's for some obscene amount of calories, fat and points (around 10 I think), or you could stay home and have the same thing (better in my opinion) for 4 or 5 points.

When I started Weight Watchers, I loved all those 100 calorie packs of snacks the Singles chocolate bars, Baked Lays, etc. Now, don't get me wrong, I still like to eat them but now I find that I'd rather have two cups of cantaloupe for two points than a little pack of Doritos for the same, or I'd rather mix a yogurt with a half cup of All-Bran for two points and skip the 100 calorie Cadbury bar. I'll have those things more so now when I end up with some extra points in the day or just for a treat now and then. And the thing is, that's all I need for a treat now. I never crave an entire chocolate bar anymore. 100 calories is just fine!

No comments: